Are you looking for a delicious and easy keto dinner recipe that will satisfy your taste buds and your macros? If so, you and your whole family will love this one skillet keto Mediterranean chicken dinner recipe. It combines the richness of the Mediterranean flavors with the simplicity of a one-skillet wonder! Get ready to savor every bite of our Easy One Skillet Keto Mediterranean Chicken Dinner – a delightful dish crafted with love, inspired by the sun-kissed shores and vibrant aromas of the Mediterranean.
As a keto enthusiast, I understand the importance of not just satisfying cravings but also nurturing the body with wholesome, low-carb goodness. This recipe is not just a meal, it’s a celebration of juicy chicken fillets marinated in a symphony of olive oil, lemon juice, and a blend of aromatic spices. Paired perfectly with my Keto Mediterranean Rice, it’s a complete, guilt-free indulgence for those embracing the keto lifestyle.
You will find a recipe card at the end of the post, where you can print, save, or share this recipe with your friends. The FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) section is after the recipe card to answer your questions. And don’t forget to leave a comment and a star rating below, to let me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you!
Table of Contents
How I Created This Keto Mediterranean Chicken Recipe Inspired by My Trip to Greece
This keto Mediterranean chicken dinner recipe is one of my favorites, because it reminds me of the time I visited Greece with my family. We had the most amazing vacation, exploring the ancient ruins, enjoying the beautiful beaches, and tasting the delicious food. One of the dishes that stood out to me was a chicken dish with lemon, garlic, and herbs, served with rice and salad. It was so simple, yet so flavorful and satisfying.
I wanted to recreate that dish at home but with a keto twist.
That’s how I came up with this recipe, which uses keto-friendly ingredients to make a low carb version of the Mediterranean chicken dish. I use chicken fillets, which are lean and tender, and marinate them in a mixture of olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and spices. The marinade gives the chicken a lot of flavor and moisture, and also helps to tenderize it. I cook the chicken in a skillet, which gives it a nice golden crust and seals in the juices.
The chicken is then served on top of a keto Mediterranean rice, which is made with cauliflower and broccoli rice. The rice is a great way to add more veggies and healthy fats to the dish and also complements the chicken with its tangy and savory taste.
This recipe is a great way to enjoy a keto dinner that is inspired by the Mediterranean cuisine, without feeling deprived or bored. It’s a complete meal that has protein, fat, fiber, and vitamins, and is low in carbs and sugar. It’s also gluten free, which is great for people who have gluten intolerance or celiac disease.
This recipe is easy to make, and only requires one skillet, which means less dishes to wash. It’s also perfect for meal prep, as you can make it ahead and store it in the fridge or freezer, and reheat it when you need a quick and tasty keto dinner.
Ingredients You Will Need
To make this keto Mediterranean chicken dinner recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- Chicken fillets (boneless skinless chicken breasts): You will need two chicken fillets. You can also use chicken thighs, which are more juicy and flavorful. You can cut the chicken into smaller pieces if you prefer, but make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- Olive oil: You will need 1/4 cup of olive oil, which is the main source of healthy fat in this recipe. Olive oil is also a staple of Mediterranean cuisine and adds a rich and fruity taste to the dish. You can use extra virgin olive oil for the best quality and flavor.
- Lemon juice (optional): You will need 1/4 cup of lemon juice, which adds a tangy and refreshing flavor to the chicken and the rice. Lemon juice also helps to tenderize the chicken and enhance the other spices. You can use fresh or bottled lemon juice.
- Garlic: You will need 4 cloves of garlic, which add a pungent and aromatic flavor to the dish. Garlic is also good for your health, as it has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. You can use fresh or minced garlic.
- Oregano: You will need 1 teaspoon of oregano, which is a herb that adds a warm and earthy flavor to the dish. Oregano is also a common herb in the Mediterranean cuisine, and pairs well with chicken, lemon, and olive oil. You can use fresh or dried oregano.
- Parsley: You will need 1 teaspoon of parsley, which is a herb that adds a fresh and bright flavor to the dish. Parsley is also a good source of vitamin C, vitamin K, and antioxidants. You can use fresh or dried parsley.
- Cumin: You will need 1 teaspoon of cumin, which is a spice that adds a warm and nutty flavor to the dish. Cumin is also a common spice in the Mediterranean cuisine, and complements the other spices well. You can use ground or whole cumin.
- Paprika: You will need 1 teaspoon of paprika, which is a spice that adds a sweet and smoky flavor to the dish. Paprika is also a good source of vitamin A, iron, and antioxidants.
- Himalayan salt: You will need 1/2 teaspoon of Himalayan salt, which is a type of salt that is pink in color and has a mild and mineral-rich flavor. Himalayan salt is also said to have health benefits, such as balancing the pH levels and electrolytes in the body. You can use regular or sea salt instead.
- Black pepper: You will need 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper, which is a spice that adds a spicy and peppery flavor to the dish. Black pepper is also good for your health, as it has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. You can use ground or whole black pepper.
- Coriander: You will need 1/4 teaspoon of coriander, which is a spice that adds a citrusy and floral flavor to the dish. Coriander is also a common spice in Mediterranean cuisine and enhances the flavor of the lemon and the garlic. You can use ground or whole coriander.
- Keto Mediterranean rice: You will need 2 portions (1/2 recipe) of keto Mediterranean rice, which is a low carb alternative to regular rice. Keto Mediterranean rice is made with cauliflower rice and broccoli rice, which are finely chopped or grated vegetables that resemble rice in texture and appearance. The rice is seasoned with more garlic, herbs, and lemon zest, and mixed with feta cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, black olives, and artichokes. These ingredients add more texture, color, and Mediterranean flavors to the rice. You can find the recipe for keto Mediterranean rice here.
Instructions on How To Make Low Carb Chicken Dinner
To make this keto Mediterranean chicken dinner recipe, follow these steps:
In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, parsley, cumin, paprika, salt, pepper, and coriander. This is your chicken marinade.
Add the chicken fillets to the bowl and toss to coat them well with the marinade. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours, or up to overnight, to let the chicken absorb the flavors.
About half an hour before you are ready to cook the chicken, prepare the keto Mediterranean rice according to this recipe: Keto Mediterranean Cauliflower & Broccoli Rice. Keep the rice warm until ready to serve.
Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and spray with cooking spray or use the chicken marinate mixture if any is left. Remove the chicken fillets from the marinade, and place them in a single layer on the skillet.
Cook for about 10 minutes, turning once, or until the chicken is golden brown on both sides and cooked through. The internal temperature of the chicken should reach 165°F when measured with a meat thermometer.
To serve, divide the keto Mediterranean rice among 2 plates and top with the chicken fillets. Sprinkle some parsley or herbs of your choice over the dish, if desired. Enjoy your keto Mediterranean chicken dinner!
More Keto Recipes To Check Out
Delicious Keto Dinner Recipes
- Keto Chicken Liver and Benefits – My Grandma’s Recipe Made Keto
- Keto Mediterranean Cauliflower Broccoli Rice
- Creamy Keto Garlic Shrimps
Irresistible Keto Dessert Recipes
More Keto Recipes to Try
If you enjoyed this keto Mediterranean chicken dinner recipe, you might also like these other keto recipes from my blog:
- Keto Eggs Salad: This is a fun and festive keto egg salad that is perfect for Easter or any occasion.
- Chicken Pesto Salad: This is a fresh and flavorful keto chicken salad that is loaded with protein and healthy fats.
- Keto Mug Bread with Mediterranean Herbs: This is a quick and easy keto bread that you can make in a mug in the microwave. It’s soft, fluffy, and savory, and goes well with any keto meal. You can slice it or toast it.
- Keto Ranch Dressing Recipe with Greek Yogurt: This is a creamy and tangy keto ranch dressing that you can make with simple ingredients. It’s low in carbs and high in flavor and goes well with salads, veggies, and chicken, or as a dip for keto snacks.
These are some of the keto recipes that I recommend you to try. You can find more keto recipes on my blog, where I share my tips and tricks for living a keto lifestyle. I hope you enjoy them and let me know what you think in the comments below. Happy keto cooking!
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Q: What are some good keto side dishes to serve with this recipe?
A: This recipe is a complete meal that has protein, fat, fiber, and vitamins. However, if you want to serve it with your favorite side dish or other side dishes, here are some suggestions:
- A classic Greek salad, as mentioned above, which is a refreshing and crunchy salad that goes well with the Mediterranean flavors of the dish.
- A keto garlic bread, which is made with almond flour, mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, eggs, baking powder, garlic powder, and butter. This is a low carb and cheesy bread that will satisfy your bread cravings.
- A keto tzatziki sauce, which is made with Greek yogurt, cucumber, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and fresh dill. This is a creamy and tangy sauce that will add more moisture and flavor to the chicken and the rice.
- A keto ranch dressing (recipe here).
Q: How can I store and reheat the leftovers of this recipe?
A: You can store the leftovers of this keto Mediterranean chicken dinner recipe in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months. To reheat the leftovers, you can do the following:
- If frozen, thaw the leftovers in the refrigerator overnight, or in the microwave for a few minutes.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and add some oil or butter. Add the chicken pieces and cook for a few minutes, until warmed through and crispy on the edges.
- Heat the rice in the microwave for a few minutes, or in a saucepan over medium heat with a little stock or water, until hot and fluffy.
- Serve the chicken and the rice together, or separately, as desired.
Q: Can I use red onions instead of garlic in this recipe?
A: Yes, you can use red onions instead of garlic in this keto Mediterranean chicken dinner recipe.
Q: How can I make this recipe more keto-friendly?
A: This recipe is already keto-friendly, as it is low in carbs and high in fat and protein. However, if you want to make it even more keto-friendly, you can do the following:
- Use chicken thighs instead of chicken fillets, as they have more fat and flavor.
- Add more olive oil or butter to the skillet when cooking the chicken, to increase the fat content and the crispiness.
- You can add full-fat feta cheese to the keto Mediterranean rice for extra healthy fats.
- Add kalamata olives, sun-dried or cherry tomatoes, red peppers, and artichoke hearts to the rice, as they have healthy fats and antioxidants.
- Serve the dish with a classic Greek salad, which is made with lettuce, cucumber, tomato, onion, feta cheese, olives, and a Greek dressing. This will add more veggies and fat to your meal.
Q: Can I make this Mediterranean chicken skillet recipe in a sheet pan or a cast-iron skillet?
A: Yes, you can make this recipe in a sheet pan or a cast iron skillet, if you prefer. Here are the steps to do so:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper, or spray a cast-iron skillet with cooking spray.
- Arrange the chicken fillets in a single layer on the sheet pan or the skillet, and pour the marinade over them. Make sure to coat them well with the marinade.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and golden. The internal temperature of the chicken should reach 165°F when measured with a meat thermometer.
- While the chicken is baking, prepare the keto Mediterranean rice according to this recipe: Keto Mediterranean Cauliflower & Broccoli Rice. Keep the rice warm until ready to serve.