Are you looking for a quick and easy keto dessert that is low carb, sugar free, and diabetic friendly? Then you will love this keto pumpkin spice mousse recipe. It’s creamy, fluffy, and full of pumpkin spice flavor. Plus, it’s made with only 6 ingredients and 5 minutes of your time.
Keto pumpkin spice mousse is a perfect dessert for fall and winter, or anytime you crave some pumpkin spice flavor. It tastes like pumpkin pie but without the crust and the carbs. You can enjoy it as a dessert, a snack, or even a breakfast. You can serve it plain, with whipped cream, or with some chopped nuts for extra crunch.
In this blog post, I will show you how to make keto pumpkin spice mousse step by step. You will need unsweetened whipping cream, sweetener, sugar free vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin puree, and cinnamon. You will also need a bowl, a whisk, and a piping bag.
You will love how easy and delicious this keto pumpkin mousse is. It’s low in calories, carbs, and sugar, and high in fat and protein. It’s also rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, and potassium. It’s a healthy and satisfying dessert that will keep you in ketosis.
If you want to learn how to make keto pumpkin spice mousse, keep reading this blog post. I will also share some tips and tricks for making the best keto pumpkin mousse ever. Let’s get started! 😊
Table of Contents
Ingredients For Keto Pumpkin Mousse
To make this easy keto pumpkin mousse, you will need the following ingredients:
- Whipping cream: This is the base of the mousse and gives it a rich and creamy texture. You can use sugar free heavy cream or heavy whipping cream for this recipe.
- Pumpkin pie spice: This is a blend of spices that adds the classic pumpkin flavor to the mousse. You can use a store-bought pumpkin pie spice or make your own with cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Sugar free 100% pumpkin puree: This is the main ingredient that gives the mousse its color and pumpkin taste. You can use canned pumpkin puree or make your own with fresh or frozen pumpkin. If you want to make your own, check out this easy keto pumpkin puree recipe.
- Vanilla extract: This adds a hint of aroma to the mousse. You can use pure vanilla extract or imitation vanilla extract for this recipe. Make sure you buy a sugar free vanilla extract that is keto friendly.
- Powdered Swerve: This is a natural sweetener that has zero calories and zero carbs. It tastes just like sugar and does not affect your blood sugar levels. You can use any brand of powdered erythritol or monk fruit for this recipe. It is better to use powdered sweetener rather than granulated as it incorporates better and quicker into the mousse.
- Cinnamon: This is an optional ingredient that you can use to sprinkle on top of the mousse for some extra flavor and decoration.
These are all the ingredients you need to make this delicious keto pumpkin mousse. You can find them in most grocery stores or online. They are also very affordable and last for a long time in your pantry.
How To Make Sugar Free Pumpkin Mousse
Making this keto pumpkin mousse is super easy and quick. You only need 5 minutes and 6 ingredients to whip up this creamy and fluffy dessert. Here are the steps to follow:
- Add all ingredients to a bowl: In a large mixing bowl, add the whipping cream, pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, and powdered Swerve. Make sure the ingredients are at room temperature for better results.
- Whisk with a handheld mixer until stiff: Using a handheld mixer or a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, beat the mixture on high speed until stiff peaks form. This will take about 5 to 7 minutes. You can also use a whisk by hand, but it will take longer and require more effort.
- Sprinkle cinnamon (optional): If you like, you can sprinkle some cinnamon on top of the mousse for some extra flavor and decoration. You can also add some chopped nuts if you prefer.
That’s it! Your keto pumpkin mousse is ready to enjoy. You can serve it immediately or refrigerate it for later. It will keep well in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the fridge.
Nutritional Information for Keto Pumpkin Mousse
Keto pumpkin mousse is a low carb, sugar free, and diabetic friendly dessert that is not only delicious, but also nutritious. Here are the nutritional facts for one serving of keto pumpkin mousse (about 1/4 cup):
- Calories: 121
- Net carbs: 1.5 grams
- Total carbs: 1.5 grams
- Fat: 13 grams
- Protein: 1 gram
As you can see, keto pumpkin mousse is very low in carbs and high in fat, which makes it a perfect dessert for a keto diet. It also provides some protein and fiber, which can help you feel full and satisfied.
Keto pumpkin mousse is also rich in vitamin A, which is essential for your vision, skin, and immune system. One serving of keto pumpkin mousse provides about 50% of your daily recommended intake of vitamin A.
Keto pumpkin mousse is also a good source of vitamin C, which is an antioxidant that can protect your cells from damage and boost your immune system. One serving of keto pumpkin mousse provides about 10% of your daily recommended intake of vitamin C.
Keto pumpkin mousse is also a good source of potassium, which is a mineral that can help regulate your blood pressure, fluid balance, and nerve and muscle function. One serving of keto pumpkin mousse provides about 7% of your daily recommended intake of potassium.
Compared to other pumpkin desserts, such as pumpkin pie or pumpkin cheesecake, keto pumpkin mousse is much lower in calories, carbs, and sugar.
As you can see, keto pumpkin mousse is a healthier and lower carb option than other pumpkin desserts. You can enjoy it without worrying about your blood sugar levels or your waistline.
I hope this information helps you understand the nutritional benefits of keto pumpkin mousse.
Tips and Tricks for Making Keto Pumpkin Mousse
Making keto pumpkin mousse is very easy and quick, but there are some tips and tricks that can help you make it even better. Here are some of them:
- Choose the best ingredients: For the best results, use high quality ingredients that are fresh and at room temperature. Use pure pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling, which has added sugar and spices. Use organic whipping cream, which has more fat and less additives than regular whipping cream. Use natural sweeteners, such as powdered erythritol or monk fruit, which have no aftertaste and do not affect your blood sugar levels.
- Adjust the sweetness and spice level: You can adjust the sweetness and spice level of your keto pumpkin mousse according to your taste and preference. You can add more or less powdered sweetener, depending on how sweet you like your dessert. You can also add more or less pumpkin pie spice, depending on how spicy you like your dessert. You can also add some extra cinnamon, nutmeg, or ginger for some extra flavor.
- Make it vegan or dairy free: If you are vegan or dairy free, you can still enjoy keto pumpkin mousse by making some simple substitutions. You can use coconut cream instead of whipping cream, which will give your mousse a rich and creamy texture and a subtle coconut flavor. You can also use vegan cream cheese instead of regular cream cheese, which will give your mousse a smooth and tangy flavor. You can also use vegan butter instead of regular butter, which will give your mousse a buttery flavor.
- Avoid lumps or separation: To avoid lumps or separation in your keto pumpkin mousse, make sure to blend all the ingredients well until smooth and creamy. You can use a blender, a food processor, or a handheld mixer for this purpose. You can also use a sieve to strain the mixture if you want to ensure there are no lumps or bits in your mousse.
- Store and freeze it: You can store keto pumpkin mousse in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can also freeze it for up to 3 months and thaw it in the fridge before serving. To prevent ice crystals from forming on the surface of the mousse, cover it with plastic wrap before freezing.
I hope these tips and tricks help you make keto pumpkin mousse easily and successfully.
Is Pumpkin Keto Friendly?
Pumpkin is a keto friendly vegetable that has many health benefits. It is low in carbs, high in fiber, and rich in antioxidants. It also contains vitamin A, vitamin C, potassium, and iron. You can enjoy pumpkin in moderation on a keto diet, as long as you watch your portion size and avoid added sugars.
You can also use pumpkin to make delicious keto recipes.
Read more Is Pumpkin Keto Friendly
What is keto pumpkin mousse?
Keto pumpkin mousse is a low carb, sugar free, and diabetic friendly dessert that is made with whipping cream, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, and powdered sweetener. It is a creamy and fluffy treat that tastes like pumpkin pie but without the crust and the carbs.
How many carbs are in keto pumpkin mousse?
One serving of keto pumpkin mousse (about 1/4 cup) has only 1.5 grams of net carbs, 13 grams of fat, and 1 gram of protein. It is a very low carb dessert that fits well into a keto diet.
How do you store keto pumpkin mousse?
You can store keto pumpkin mousse in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can also freeze it for up to 3 months and thaw it in the fridge before serving.
Can you use canned whipped cream instead of whipping cream?
You can use canned whipped cream instead of whipping cream for this recipe, but it will not be as stable and fluffy as homemade whipped cream. Canned whipped cream also contains more additives and sugar than whipping cream, which might affect your keto diet.
Can you use fresh or frozen pumpkin instead of canned pumpkin puree?
You can use fresh or frozen pumpkin instead of canned pumpkin puree for this recipe, but you will need to cook it first and drain the excess water. You can also make your own keto pumpkin puree with this easy recipe.
How to Serve Mousse
There are many ways to serve mousse, depending on your preference and occasion. Here are some ideas to inspire you:
- Serve mousse in individual cups or glasses: This is a classic and elegant way to serve mousse. You can use any type of cups or glasses, such as ramekins, martini glasses, wine glasses, or mason jars. You can also layer the mousse with whipped cream, fruit, nuts, or granola for some extra texture and flavor.
- Serve mousse in a large bowl or dish: This is a simple and casual way to serve mousse. You can use any type of bowl or dish, such as a trifle bowl, a pie dish, or a cake pan. You can also top the mousse with whipped cream, chocolate shavings, caramel sauce, or sprinkles for some extra decadence.
- Serve mousse as a cake filling or frosting: This is a creative and delicious way to serve mousse. You can use any type of cake, such as sponge cake, pound cake, or brownies. You can also layer the cake with different flavors of mousse, such as chocolate, vanilla, or strawberry. You can also frost the cake with more mousse or whipped cream for some extra richness.
- Serve mousse as a dip or spread: This is a fun and versatile way to serve mousse. You can use any type of dipper or spreader, such as cookies, crackers, bread, or fruit. You can also mix the mousse with cream cheese, peanut butter, or Nutella for some extra creaminess and flavor.
These are just some of the ways you can serve mousse. You can also experiment with different flavors, colors, and shapes of mousse to suit your taste and mood. The possibilities are endless. Enjoy!
Some other Keto Pumpkin Recipes
- Weight Loss Support
- Keto Snacks
- Keto Lunch and Dinner Recipes
- Keto Desserts Recipes
- Keto Breakfast Recipes
- Free Keto Diet Information